How You Can Help
Looking for some ways to help out your local animal rescue when you can't adopt?
It's easier than you think!
You know what they say, the reason why volunteers don’t get paid for their work is because they’re priceless!
Our greatest assets are our dedicated volunteers.
As a volunteer-powered non-profit organization, Lost Cove Animal Sanctuary would not exist without the hard work and dedication of our volunteers. The number of dogs and cats we can save depends on the number of people we have helping us. We are always looking for new volunteers!
If you have the time and room available, consider letting a homeless dog into your home until a permanent home is found.
Fostering for shelters and rescues is a great way to support their efforts. It’s not only a way to provide a safe, happy environment to a pet waiting to get adopted, but also a way to help rescue shelters take in other abandoned pets.
What some of us lack in crafting talent and real-world social interactions, we make up for in influence.
- Share on Social Media: Whether you’re an Instagram superstar, an avid Twitter user, or even just happen to have a lot of friends on Facebook, you can use that influence to help your favorite rescue.
- Everyday Actions: You can be an effective advocate by wearing t-shirts, hats, pins, or bumper stickers for your car. These can be great conversation starters!
- Political Campaigning: You can help shape local and national animal welfare policies, laws and ordinances. Write letters to your local and state government, join online animal welfare groups dedicated to changing legislature, join email campaigns, or lobby politicians on Capital Hill.
- Educate: Be an advocate for animals and voice to those who don’t have it! Raising awareness about the plight of homeless pets is an initial but significant step in helping change the system. Sometimes, people are not even aware of the realities of homeless pets. Educate your friends, family, and people from your community about what it means to be a responsible owner and how they can help their local shelters and rescues.
- Be a Responsible Owner: To make a change, you need to be the one who takes the first step! When you adopt a pet, make sure you’re aware that you’re committing to them for as long as they live – including any medical and special care they might need down the road. Always microchip, vaccinate and spay/neuter your pets. Sterilization is a particularly important aspect of responsible ownership, as it prevents overpopulation and, in return, makes for less abandoned pets across the shelters.
Your donation ensures we can keep fighting the big fights on behalf of all animals.
Lost Cove Animal Sanctuary is funded entirely by public donations and adoption fees. Your support is vital if we are to make a lasting difference to animals’ lives.
However, it’s not only money you can donate. We accept donations in the form of purchases from our wishlist, Amazon Smile, old blankets, cleaning products, or essentials such as leashes, collars, food, beds, etc.